Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Part 2: Kid Free!

When the mice are away the cats will play? (That's not quite right, but it's how we felt)
While our little mice were in New Mexico (doing what, I don't know, and I didn't really care). Matt and I very much enjoyed our time with each other. 
Okay, I will admit it.  I cried when they left, and that was a total shock to me, I thought I would be running through the streets cheering.  The melancholy didn't last long.  Matt and I started right away doing stuff that is just more fun without kids.  We spent hours at guitar center.  We ate at our favorite restaurants and nobody complained. 
I took a night off and visited my Young Women at Girls Camp.  It was a wonderful experience, I am so glad I got to go, and didn't need to worry about finding a sitter. Man I love these girls!

Matt and I went to the Houston Fine Arts Museum.  I think the boys probably would have enjoyed it, but I am sure we would have pushed them to their limit.  We had fun without them. 

Here is Matt's favorite piece... very realistic and modern.

Then we went to Amazon Grill - can you say Yummy!

The kids meals come with cotton candy.... but I like cotton candy, so I asked if I could have some, the answer was yes! Lucky me.


10 days went by too fast and too slow? How is that even possible?

1 comment:

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

It sounds like you made wonderful use of your kid-free time. Don't you just love them so much more when they're not around? Or sleeping? I do :)