Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birthdays

April 12th is a special day, Emily, my sister had a baby on that day 11 years ago, and being a younger sibling, decided to copy her, so 3 years later I had a baby on the same day.  This was the first time we've been able to bring these kids together to celebrate the special cousins birthdays.
 
Ian turned 8! He is our funny man.  He loves everything! His favorite food is Mac&Cheese, but he will eat anything.  He's always hungry, we joke that he has a tapeworm.  He loves to play the piano, and he is a natural.  He loves Pi, he can recite 70 digits of it, and working on 100! He is very confident and courageous. He loves deeply and is very sensitive. He also loves to make stories better then they really are (he's a fibber).  He's messy, and can't every seem to make his bed. He does everything with grace.  He makes me smile when he can be so open about his Tourettes. 


Sophie is 11! She is smart and musical, and so grown up.
I sometimes forget that she is only 11. She loves listening to music and reading books.  She has wonderful taste in music, she's a bit of a rocker ;)  She's the biggest space-cadet I know, and I find it totally endearing. She's an amazing older sister, especially to Adam.


The cakes, or rather pie/pi's?
One Pi cake for my Ian, who was disappointed that I didn't put more digits on it.
 A Pizza Pie for Sophie, grated white chocolate cheese, white chocolate pepperoni's, dried pineapple and homemade royal icing black olives.

No comments: