Monday, August 8, 2011

Nerdy Muggles or Lame Wizards?

A friend of wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Houston Children's Museum.  They were having a Harry Potter day in honor of the last movie, and since my kids (and possibly me) are mega fans we decided to go!
It turns out that my friend couldn't go, but we don't mind a little adventure.  

As we were waiting in line to buy our tickets some lady came up had season passes and had extra tickets, and gave them to me! Score, nothing like getting in the museum for FREE!

First we were sorted into houses
Went to Olivanders and got our wands

Got our Harry Potter Scars!


Then destroyed some dark wizards!  They actually had some people dressed up (I mean really dressed up!) Jason attacked a Bellatrix, and she totally had a wizards duel with him.  He finally finished her off by AK'ing her! (Gee, who taught him that!) I think that kid is a more of a Death Eater then he wants to admit.  Jason was laughing so hard, and Bellatrix even fell dead on the floor for him!


Then the boys and I got our nerd on!

Ian made a CO2 Molecule and showing how we breath it out!

Finally we went to the Quittich Match.  The boys had some serious fun playing it "muggle style" since they didn't think flying brooms would be safe for kids that young!



Looks like they are about to take flight!

2 comments:

Mattamorphasis said...

I would say that they are nerdy muggles, but that's not necessarily a bad thing :)

Kelli said...

They are adorable and that overrides any nerdy-ness or lame-ness aforementioned. Love the brooms, very authentic!