Monday, September 19, 2011

Slime, School, Spiders, Swing, & Spiders

One of my friends gave me a recipe for SLIME.  The boys and I had so much fun making it and playing with it.  We actually made a tutorial video, in case we ever want a youtube video about it. 
 
I have to admit that the boys were a little unsure about it at first.  I guess it takes some little boys a little longer to warm up to slime then others.  Mommy liked the slime right away!

School started.  Ian is in first grade, and Jason in third.  None of us had the energy to take pictures on the first day of school.  It was already hot and this was the best picture I got... Oh-well.  Ian is a cutie.
 

My sweet spider Shelob recently died.  She had been sick and I knew it was happening.  We had her for about 10 years.  I got her when my friend Kamila couldn't have her anymore.  I cried big tears when I buried her in our yard.  After she died I took extra care to clean out Lucy's cage and make sure she was in good heath and her cage was clean and free of an dangers.  I definitely didn't want another death, I've had Lucy for almost 17 years!  The boys played with her a little bit while I was cleaning her cage.


Grandma Lil has a really cool swing, The boys loved playing in it together.  Ahh, look they like each other.


Caleb, my nephew (a fellow animal lover) was excited to show me this super cool spider that was living on their deck! FYI, She is an areneus angulate orb weaver for short they call them Angulate spiders because of sharp angles on the abdomen. Yes, a very cool (and bright yellow) spider!


I also updated my quilt blog!

No comments: